Saturday, September 5, 2009

It is September!


I can't believe it! It is September. The decision has officially been made, and we have moved to California! I got out here about a month ago. I left Tennessee on August 2nd and drove all the way to California by myself with 3 dogs. That is right I got to bring all 3 of the dogs. It is not technically ok with the apartment complex, but we have snuck the 3rd dog in and hopefully no one will ever care. My drive was amazing. I took tons of pictures which I hope to one day print and put into an album. I don't know if I will ever be able to motivate myself to do that, but we will see! We are living at a beautiful apartment complex called Coronado South at Newport Beach. It is amazing here! The weather is wonderful. I have already started work. It is a totally different world out here with work. The laws are different. The breaks are mandatory at certain times which is crappy. I don't even like to take breaks, and I am now forced to take them when they think it is necessary.

To tell you a little bit about the before moving out here.....

My work found out I was moving because of a post that Jack put up on Facebook. He said something about leasing an apartment, and I commented on it. Some of the girls at work saw it, and the rumor spread. Of course... Rebecca asked me about it the first day I was back at work, and I just went ahead and said I would be gone in 30 days. I had known I was moving since before Jack left, but I kept it under wraps because I knew Rebecca would jump the gun on hiring someone. Anyway, I put in for a transfer out here. One of my last days, they did a lunch for me.
I don't remember how I told my parents to be honest Jack mentioned it in passing before he left that it was possible. Then we officially made the decision. I think I just informed my parents that he had found an apartment out here. I UPSed everything out here because renting a U-haul was too expensive. Driving my car was great for the trip. I would definitely make that trip again. Being on the open road just feels right to me. I feel so free.

My first day out here I finally got to see Jack after 2 months! I went to his work, so I could see him. Then he worked the entire week really late. I was stuck at home by myself. The next week I started work, and he was off. I was not too happy about that, but hey at least he was working!

Jack is now full-time salary at the place he is working. This means a steady paycheck. Now hear sigh of relief. It is so nice to know we will have two steady paychecks! We should be ok now. No debts and two steady paychecks.

I love being so close to the beach. It is amazing knowing that after work I can just go down to the beach and take a stroll. I never in a million years thought that I would ever live somewhere that I could do that!

As of right now, Jack and I are el broko. We have no money until he gets paid in 6 days! Eeeeek! After that, no more brokeness....hopefully! I won't say never because then something will come up. He just didn't have any work for almost 2 weeks, so that means no paycheck for him. :*( This also meant that I had to pay the rent with my entire paycheck! It is crazy! Oh well. I only have to survive 6 more days. Thank goodness Monday is Labor Day. That is one less day that we have to pay for gas. Shoo!

We had Dana over today for College football today. A day of watching football. I am not a big fan of football, but I know what I married into, so I deal. Shane Turner is staying over until him and Ken leave out on a gig. We also have Jared staying with us at the moment. I think he is trying to find a gig to go out on. It would be awesome to have the apartment to ourselves for a little while. Hopefully I will get lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment